5 weeks are gone.1/3 of the semester is gone.I don't want to make people sad but time is flying!
Last week, after 8 hours editing of my infographic, I suddenly realize what I should do here in IST. I could not call myself a tech-person, who can not even use photoshop, illustrator to express my idea.
Yes, I change my topic twice and stopped at a most familiar with but never touched in the latest 10 years-- National College Entrance Examination of China. I was a candidate of that test 10 years ago. I spent the most unforgettable 2 days and a half there(now the test is only for 2 days)that changed my life totally.I decided on this topic finally around 9 pm Sunday night. I turned to PS first but I quitted because the layers drove me crazy, then I turned to use microsoft word, the text editing software. When I started to work on the topic, I found I had been back to the day as early as I was learning Office 97.It was until 3:30 that I realized I should leave the uncompleted "graphic" to the morning...
Several things about the drawing. 1)You need more than enough information before you started 2)Use the font which looks great in most styles. 3)Don't make the canvas too big to fill up 4)Check your typos(I found some typos after the submission and the submission channel was closed.)
I can not share the infographic here because it does not look gorgeous in a glance(too crowded and too stunning(black & Red))-view and it is in .pdf format(I would find the solution).
Think about the lecture in class. I agree with some of others' opinions as we should narrow down our "helping IST M students with career planning" to several do-able columns or we may not be able to finish before May.
I like the motivation work. My group was doing the animation. I should say we are doing great with the xtranormal.com cuties!Hey, here comes Week 6 and Lunar New Year(Chinese New Year),Happy new year,everyone!
Last week, after 8 hours editing of my infographic, I suddenly realize what I should do here in IST. I could not call myself a tech-person, who can not even use photoshop, illustrator to express my idea.
Yes, I change my topic twice and stopped at a most familiar with but never touched in the latest 10 years-- National College Entrance Examination of China. I was a candidate of that test 10 years ago. I spent the most unforgettable 2 days and a half there(now the test is only for 2 days)that changed my life totally.I decided on this topic finally around 9 pm Sunday night. I turned to PS first but I quitted because the layers drove me crazy, then I turned to use microsoft word, the text editing software. When I started to work on the topic, I found I had been back to the day as early as I was learning Office 97.It was until 3:30 that I realized I should leave the uncompleted "graphic" to the morning...
Several things about the drawing. 1)You need more than enough information before you started 2)Use the font which looks great in most styles. 3)Don't make the canvas too big to fill up 4)Check your typos(I found some typos after the submission and the submission channel was closed.)
I can not share the infographic here because it does not look gorgeous in a glance(too crowded and too stunning(black & Red))-view and it is in .pdf format(I would find the solution).
Think about the lecture in class. I agree with some of others' opinions as we should narrow down our "helping IST M students with career planning" to several do-able columns or we may not be able to finish before May.
I like the motivation work. My group was doing the animation. I should say we are doing great with the xtranormal.com cuties!Hey, here comes Week 6 and Lunar New Year(Chinese New Year),Happy new year,everyone!
Hi Martin,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, congratulation! No matter how our infographics look like, we finally got it done in time. Although I did not keep changing my infographic topics during the developing process, I did try almost every kinds of tools to make my infographic and at last I still went back to the PowerPoint.
I do agree with you that you need to gather enough information before developing your design. And that is why we were required to have the infographic storyboard a few weeks ago. My conclusion is that it's not hard to create an infographic, but it's very difficult and time consuming to design and make an infographic look good in a way you can best present your ideas.
Connecting the process of making an infographic with this week's topic, motivation, I think I was motivated by this assignment because it's something I've never done before and I was so curious how and what I can make my own infographic. THerefore, even I spent two whole days on designing my infographic without using templates online, I feel it's worth it. And I did learn some tiny elements need to be aware of during the whole designing and developing process.
I hope you enjoyed it as well.
And Happy Chinese New YEar! Happy Newly Wed!! :)