For this week's lecture, the class reviewed our personal infographic storyboard. I felt excited to share the story with and from peers. However, some fellow-up questions came along.
1) Who is your stakeholder?
For my topic, I can't find any primary stakeholder, who would care about the length of the airlines? Who would have a chance to explorer those long and tiring airlines? Then, who would be interested and really care the infographic? After sharing my ideas with my peers, Dr.G and Jean, they gave me such opinions: first, to recall the motivation of choosing this topic;second, think over who would be stakeholders; third, it is fine to keep it personal but convert part of its function to public purpose; fourth,change a topic if you feel hard to fulfill the above things...
Actually I'm thinking about a new topic. I would change to "how much the eurail global pass save your expense on european train tickets?" Since I have used the eurail pass and experienced a lot of its process and policy, I thought it would be a good idea.But other considerations would stop me doing so as it may lead to a complicated graphic, and I have limits of using some technology...Or I would find a third topic before it is too late.
2)How to draw the infographic?
I surfed the website Dr. G provided us in the class, then I would say though I found them too simple to fulfill some desired effects, I would have to use them because last night,I found Photoshop CS6 was just too gigantic a monster to conquer it in 3 days and make my job done...I would give up and turn to the magic gadgets for infographic newbies.And I find powerpoint is even easier to use than the adobe things to make clip art...
I would properly mixed the use of tools to realize the topic I can come up with. Let's wait and see.
1) Who is your stakeholder?
For my topic, I can't find any primary stakeholder, who would care about the length of the airlines? Who would have a chance to explorer those long and tiring airlines? Then, who would be interested and really care the infographic? After sharing my ideas with my peers, Dr.G and Jean, they gave me such opinions: first, to recall the motivation of choosing this topic;second, think over who would be stakeholders; third, it is fine to keep it personal but convert part of its function to public purpose; fourth,change a topic if you feel hard to fulfill the above things...
Actually I'm thinking about a new topic. I would change to "how much the eurail global pass save your expense on european train tickets?" Since I have used the eurail pass and experienced a lot of its process and policy, I thought it would be a good idea.But other considerations would stop me doing so as it may lead to a complicated graphic, and I have limits of using some technology...Or I would find a third topic before it is too late.
2)How to draw the infographic?
I surfed the website Dr. G provided us in the class, then I would say though I found them too simple to fulfill some desired effects, I would have to use them because last night,I found Photoshop CS6 was just too gigantic a monster to conquer it in 3 days and make my job done...I would give up and turn to the magic gadgets for infographic newbies.And I find powerpoint is even easier to use than the adobe things to make clip art...
I would properly mixed the use of tools to realize the topic I can come up with. Let's wait and see.
Hi Martin,
ReplyDeleteSo, what's your final decision on your topic?
It seemed like you have considered some topics related to transportation. Are you a big fan of travelling? I agree with Dr. Glazewski and Jean that infographic topics do not really be so serious, but it can be personal which relates to your interests and experiences or even your inspiration most. Also, I think it's not easy to create any kinds of infographic topic even if there are not many texts or complicated graphics on it. From my own experience of creating an infographic for this course, I know how much elements I need to consider. I've kept changing all the things all the time. It does take time. Also, I use PowerPoint to create mine. Easier for me! :)
Can't wait to see your final design!!!!