Monday, January 21, 2013

My two infographic topics

I had several ideas about infographic topics, and I will share two of them with R541 classmates. They can be primary or even naive, but please forgive they are merely ideas.

1) 10 longest air line routes:

   I had this idea to find out longest air line routes, for long, as early as when I saw the movie"Inception" around two years ago, in which movie the hero would make use of one of the longest air line routes, Sydney to LA, which is almost 10 hrs, to steal the dream of a rich person...
   I found some digits on Wikipedia but it shows the longest non-stop route currently is the one between Singapore and Houston(The former longest was that between Singapore and New Jersey)operated by Singapore Airline.Additionally, I found none of prior example by google searching, so I would put it at my first topic.

2) International Student Health Insurance@IU (using recommended insurance or find another<e.g. ISO's>)

    For many international students like me, buying health insurance is compulsory but it takes time to decide to choose recommended insurance products or to buy some outside products. The consideration can be the insurance fee,coverage, security, each time payment and overall ranking, etc.The recommended insurance is more expensive but saves time to think about it. The outside ones would cost you more on each time you see a doctor, but if you stay healthy, you can save half of the insurance fee at least.That would be amazing to visualize these facts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my new hoosier buddy,

    Have you decided your infographic topic? Are you doing the longest flight route? It is an interesting topic! I would like to know more and read your post about your plan and decisions on your infographic design. Also, have you decided your major project topic? Maybe you can talk about it a bit as well! :)

    ReplyDelete